Return to case studies
As lockdown closed pubs, bars and restaurants, 60,000 independent Free Trade Venues were left with no way of claiming back duty, destroying or returning their unused kegs.
With 50% of these venues supported through group relationships, 30,000 outlets needed a fully digital solution in line with the HMRC guidelines. With no other solution in play, we provided the only rescue strategy for this industry.
During such a challenging time, we were privileged to help support such a large British industry. After initially working closely with a small number of brewers, the platform now holds a total of 24 listed brewers and 755 products.
- Responsive, claim based website with a secure backend login, featuring three different levels, single venues, groups and brewer accounts
- Group account features such as bulk CSV uploads
- Evidence-based programme with multiple user steps and image storage
- Secure brewer log in and ability to manually approve claims
- Secure system with proficient evidence submission, fit for the criteria of HMRC
The evidence requirements came with their own set of challenges, as no standard labelling had been established across brewers. We provided unique product and supplier fields for users to input the correct keg data. In total the site received 623,430 uploaded images from users, requiring a large amount of storage and security monitoring.
The volume of traffic to site required specific security measures to manage the data load on our servers. Using advanced infrastructure monitoring, we engineered strategic solutions and optimised the database to improve efficiency and user experience.
Alongside this, we continued to provide technical website support, with our team responding to all user enquiries within 24hrs.