Statement from our Managing Director.
Further to our initial communication regarding Venn’s business continuity plan during this time of crisis, we wanted to share a further update.
We are living through unprecedented times, so we have taken all appropriate measures to ensure we are committed to supporting your business through this challenging period. We understand and appreciate that your website, more than ever before, has become a vital business tool through which you are able to communicate with existing and new customers.
Please see below the further steps and measures we have taken to ensure business continuity for all our clients:
1. We are working closely with our hosting partner to ensure there is no point of failure. As many of you are aware, we have invested significantly in our hosting infrastructure over the last six months. We have put in place multiple recovery measures and are confident your websites will continue to run uninterrupted. Apteve, your web servers and database all run on separate environments with their own back-ups. These are colocated across three data centres in the UK.
It is worth noting that there was a small price increase in hosting planned for this year, inline with the significant investment we have undertaken and increased demand on our platform, however in light of the current situation we have decided to put these price increases on hold for the time being.
2. In order to continue providing the same level of support for our clients we have measures and processes in place that enable the team to carry out business as usual activities whilst remote working all our team are contactable by email as usual and the ticket system remains active if you wish to contact our team or need an issue looking in to. You can raise a ticket on the portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the beginning of this year, Venn had already invested in a cloud-based phone system, which means our office phones can continue to be answered during business hours as usual and all direct dials are still operational. All calls will be received and transferred through to the right person, you may just need to be a little patient as we need to ensure people are available.
3. The support team will continue to be available via phone, email and the ticket system but we will also be launching our Support Desk portal to help all of our customers. This will include resources for training and personal development on our platforms, it will contain guides, insights, training manuals and more. This is designed to support new and existing users of Apteve, enabling them to get the most out of the platform and their website. Apteve is a very powerful solution, as such we appreciate the need for additional training and support from our team in order for our clients to fully benefit from it’s potential.
4. Venn are continuing to welcome all client enquiries and work requests. We have had many requests come through in the last five days regarding building bespoke applications into customers websites. These have ranged from;
- Online payments
- Online calculators
- Private login areas for customers
- Third party integrations
- Modular based assessments
We are all adjusting to a new way of working so we want to be clear that all questions are welcome. You may not have used Venn in this capacity before, but we have a team of software specialists in-house, they create and build custom code with very few boundaries to what they can achieve. We are a very safe pair of hands in that respect. Please let us know how we can help your business to adjust online.
5. Again we have seen both an increase and decrease when it comes to clients marketing spend in reaction to our new temporary world. Our position has been to be as supportive as we can and if we can help in any way, we will.
Whilst we are not in a position to make any sweeping statements, we wanted to share over the next few weeks what we are seeing other customers succeed with. Topics will cover;
- Investing in your online brand and platform
- Looking at your own data and insights to make better business decisions
- Revival of email and why you should be doing more with email marketing
- Social media and its role
- Data capture and innovative ways to generate leads
- Fixing the disconnect between marketing and sales
- The difference between a Marketing Qualified Lead and a Sales Qualified Lead and the impact that has on cost per conversion
We are all adjusting to a new way of life. We are not critical to life, however if we can play any role to support you personally, your business or your customers we would like to help.
We have built Venn over the last 9 years and the one thing I have always been grateful for and proud of is the talent within my team. Please reach out to them and together we will be ready for the good times again.